Institute of Leadership and Management: Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
Length: 37 Guided Learning Hours (6 whole days or 2 whole days and 8 * ½ days or twilight’s)
Programme aims: To get a critical understanding of the role and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor and to deepen your understanding of how coaching and mentoring can impact an organisation.
To be able to assess your own skills, behaviors and knowledge as a coach and mentor and provide evidence of your own development as a coach and mentor through the qualification.
Plan your further development and plan, deliver and review coaching and mentoring in your organisation.
- Critique of coaching and coaching models
- Review and further development of the key coaching and mentoring skills of listening, building rapport and questioning
- Exploring and overcoming potential, personal and organisational barriers to coaching and mentoring
- Negotiating and contracting within coaching and mentoring
- The business case for coaching and mentoring
- Personality and coaching and mentoring
- Tools and techniques that support effective coaching and mentoring
- 12 hours of supervised coaching practise
This programme requires formal assessment including a coaching diary and 2 written assignments.