Leadership and Management introduction
ILM Level 2 award in Leadership and Team Skills
The Award or Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills is ideal for practicing team leaders, helping them become more efficient and confident in their role. They also support new or aspiring team leaders – helping them make the transistion from working in a team to leading a team.
Benefits for individuals
- Learn core leadership and management skills
- Put these skills into practice in your workplace
- Improve your team’s performance
- Get a nationally recognised qualification
The qualification can be designed to suit your organisational needs. An example qualification is shown below:
Developing yourself as a Team Leader
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the team leader.
- Be able to seek feedback on their workplace performance to identify strengths, weaknesses and areras for improvement.
- Understanding the importance of effective communication
- Understand methods of communication
- Understand the importance of maintaining accuracte records of communication
- Know how to use effective personal time management to achieve team goals
- Know how to manage own stress
Plus one additional unit from the following options:
- Motivating the work team to perform
- Understanding the change in the workplace
- Leading your work team
- Developing the work team
Qualifications can be delivered through a range of methods: Face to face, face to face supported by online resources, self-directed learning or a blend of all methods.